Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Police Is Corrupt, Proved: Passport Application continues.. Final Part

Oh my God...I can't believe what just happened...Well I knew this happens but the manner in which this happened was disturbing and shocking....

Went to the Police Station with required documentation i.e Rationcard verification of both mentioned witnesses and their signatures on the given document by the officer incharge earlier to me. 3 Passport size photographs of your and my rationcard was also attached...

Initially after thinking Not to pay anything for so called ''chai-paani' or whatever you may call it..I Could NOT muster the courage of doing so...Yes i accept...I could not muster the courage to say NO to a police officer...

So i thought , will give Rs 200 first..he would refuse and then finally offer Rs 300 and theat would be it.


But but...It did not go as planned or as i thought atleast..

He i.e the police officer attended me in five minutes of reaching his office..
Next five minutes , all the formalities were completed..He was disturbed for some internal dept thing and had to go..So he asked me.. to do it fast as he had to go..
I bit hasitant ,i.e offering Money to a Duty officer....took out Rs 200 , which made him angry and he instead offered 500 back...lolzz...

His justification for money was he had to do paperwork and at everystage monedy would be paid...He was just going to do same to his officer for some internal work (he had recieved a call just then and was going to settle that only ).

I took out hundred more...300..he said what are you doing..POORE KAR JALDI...

MAIN TE VAPIS BHEJ DENE HAI..I will tell them papers were not complete and objection will be made to your application...

Shocked at this...I said ok.. here Rs 400....He again refused and started walking out of the office , he said keep it.. i will send the form incomplete...

HE WENT OUT...

AT THAT POINT, I WAS ANGRY...VERY ANGRY AND SAID SO BE IT ..THIS IS NOT DONE..WHY SHOULD I PAY...
I HAD ALMOST DECIDED TO WALK OUT...

But then i saw him on bike as he was about to leave , he again said to me something,.. I Went close to ask..he said i myself going to give someone..what can i do...

I in the SPIRIT OF DIWALI...SAID LET GO...GAVE HIM Rs 500....He took it..He took ' ON THE ROAD' UNDER PUBLICE VIEW...And i was thinking about what happened to 'UNDER THE TABLE' ...This is OVER THE TABLE...UPFRONT,DIRECT IN FULL PUBLIC GLARE...

He took the money and went away..I also rode my bike and came home..Disgusted with myself...that i could not gather enough courage to take on the officer....Why i Could not say NO TO BRIBE ........

But may be it was good thing...I learnt a few things..And ANGER IN ME IS MORE AGAINST CORRUPTION....And in future i would take a stronger stand against such corruption...

I have written a complaint with passport office..though not mention my details..Because If we see It Was Not Officer at Fault..But System at Fault which has made bribe asking legal and acceptable socially and professionally...

They don't hesitate in referring this to 'UPAR KI KAMAI'...

But hopefully, The Process for change has begun..i will make effort for a change against this..

So TOTAL COST FOR APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT STANDS LIKE THIS :

1000 + 400 + 500 = 1900 RUPEES

Finally i close this passport application post, with a detailed experience and documentation required...


I could not BUT IF YOU COULD MUSTER THE COURAGE AND SAY NO TO GIVING BRIBE WHEN YOU VISIT THE POLICE STATION.....

No comments:

Post a Comment