Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Police Verification :Pasport Application Continues ....

In continuation of the previous post , i am sharing now my experience with the police for the purpose of getting clearance for passport.

I applied for the passport on 10th oct'2011 and today is 21st Oct. So roughly about 10-12 days is what is the time expected for police verification it means.

So, i got a call from my local police station's Munshi, He told me to report to the police station and collect some documnets which i should fill and submit back.
And so i went.

my first time inside a POLICE STATION... Scary place it would seem , but was not so.



The room was not very big, infact it was only suited for 2-3 people together, and a fourth person would crowd the place.

The officer offered me a chairt and after making me wait for 5-10 minutes , he brought the papers.

I signed at the required places, He asked me questions to fill in the form like occupation, father business, caste etc. simple questions.

After this i was told to get signatures of the witness i had mentioned and with their ration card proofs alongwith my ration card proof.

So, i told him to provide him withbthe required documents tomorrow.

But just as i were to leave, he said to me " maelne kal kariye"...or something like that....
Could not understand, i asked him again...he said same words..I asked again...

He was EMBARRASED...started laughing...bachha hai tu ???... i understood what he was saying..But i acted novice...like a confused lad...

Soon someone from outside came to his rescue....He said..OH DIWALI AA RHI HAI...DIWALI MELA....

Relieved...He said now u understood...Ahh..with a reluctant smile i said yes..i will do that tomorrow...(Wat else i could have said)....

Now, He seem to be nice guy.. I would not like to report him..(my parents will b angry..).. Nor that its like a bribe...But sitting on a chair of power it seems so...
I support janlokpal...and wish i could wear the ''anna'' cap to the police station tomorrow, indicating i won't pay but the lady -->Kiran Bedi who proposed this method is herself been caught inflating her travel bills .....hehehe

Though a little chai-paani would not hurt...I CAN PAY...

But then, what abt the one that cannot pay...Making it a unwritten rule is wrong...making it a precedent is wrong....So, I will be going tomorrow.,..I shall try to settle at minimum possible...

Am thinking of it..as saving my petrol expenses as taking witnesses with me or calling them would have costed money and time ....

But such open and blatent asking for money is appauling and very dangerous...This being a norm is very scary and failure of the process and systems...

Also, This gives me a teaching that whenever I shall come in contact of Govt Official , i should expect greasing their palms or so called chai-paani FOR JUST DOING THEIR DUTY AND NOT SOME ADDITIONAL WORK...INFACT THATS OVERTIME PAYMENT WITHOUT OVERTIME....

(tomorrow will update : how much it cost ) ..

No comments:

Post a Comment